Im sure that should be possible somehow, maybe not the specific data I
mentioned which is an external user's unpublished work so far, but we can just
get some more if there's some useful collaboration to be had.

I've been 'playing' with Paraview since the CCPi and Harwell Imaging
Partnership meeting showed the latest release and also because the latest
de-bugging of our central file system is arguing against allowing the
'visualization workstation' being directly connected to the central storage for
technical reasons, thus the client/server model becomes very attractive,
allowing the machine that actually reads data to be inside the computer cluster
rack, while another machine displays the result , I think this require our
cluster admins to do something-or-other , so I need to have some good argument
that it will indeed do what we want (which also means figuring out what we
actually want) to get that task added to their already-lengthy list.

In the first instance, we want external facility users to at least be able to
do SOMETHING with their data while still at their experiment. So it takes about
1/2 hour to collect the raw data, another 40 min to reconstruct the 160 GB 3-d
image , then what???