Simon,

As I am cleaning my inbox, I ran into this email. Since there have been
other emails about this I'll skip your original query :). Just wanted to
give you an update on recent developments in ParaView. We recently pushed
updates to VTK/ParaView to allow you to use Python calculator to compute
"sum" in parallel across all blocks in the dataset. e.g. for can.ex2, you
can apply the Python Calculator and select "Cell Data", with expression
"sum(EQPS)" the result array will have the true global sum. This also
includes operations like min/max/mean etc.

Utkarsh