Here's a potential fix:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/744

+ Save data dialog now is the same dialog we use other places e.g.
editing scalar bar properties, which allows user to save the chosen
values to "Settings" after clicking the "Apply" button.
+ I have not deleted the "many to one" warning message, but instead
made it possible for the user to say "Yes, and don't ask again" --
similar to other warning messages we show e.g. when switch to "Volume
Rendering". Alan, this is slightly different than your bug report. Let
me know if that's acceptable.

Utkarsh