A simple question: my incentive is to manipulate images using PIL in a pvbatch
script. At the time being, I am writing the images to file in PNG format and
reading the file again from disc using PIL. I have found out that the
underlying image writing is performed by the vtkPNGWriter class and that this
class allows to write to memory (vtkPNGWriter.SetWriteToMemory). Hence my
question: Is it possible to "write" a PNG file to memory so that I can  process
it further using PIL? If so, how shall I proceed?
Thank you very much in advance.