Answering my own question:

Geodesic Measurement works with a surface. Use the filter Extract Surface. It’s
also necessary to have a couple of points which can be selected with Select
Points and the filter Extract Selection.

From: ParaView
<paraview-boun...@paraview.org<mailto:paraview-boun...@paraview.org>> on behalf
of Miguel Salazar <salazardet...@llnl.gov<mailto:salazardet...@llnl.gov>>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM
To: "paraview@paraview.org<mailto:paraview@paraview.org>"
<paraview@paraview.org<mailto:paraview@paraview.org>>
Subject: [Paraview] How to use the plugin Geodesic Measurement

Hello

I loaded the Geodesic Measurement plugin with the Plugin Manager, but I do not
know how to use it. I see it as a filter option, but it is disabled even for
point-based data. I haven’t been able to find an example either. I am
interested in finding the shortest path between two points in a surface.

Thanks
MIguel