I believe there is a bug in the PLOT3D metafile reader.  I've attached two
PLOT3D meshes and a metafile.  Version 5.4.1 appears to read the metafile
successfully.  After reading it, I can see the outline of the two blocks in
the first mesh file.  If I advance to the next time step, I can see the
outline of the three blocks in the second mesh.  If I then go back to the
previous time step, I get an error message saying:

ERROR: In
/home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Parallel/vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader.cxx,
line 1397 vtkMPIMultiBlockPLOT3DReader (0x6b53260): Encountered premature
end-of-file while reading the geometry file (or the file is corrupt).

ERROR: In
/home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 784 vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x6946da0): Algorithm
vtkMPIMultiBlockPLOT3DReader(0x6b53260) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x68935b0)

  Debug: Off

  Modified Time: 982828

  Reference Count: 1

  Registered Events: (none)

  Request: REQUEST_DATA

  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

To my knowledge, the last version without this bug was 4.3.1.

Thanks,

Eric