On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:17 PM, joe kozak <lentilwal...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> that worked...    so why cant IsoVolume work on that type of dataset?  Can i
> not carve out a volume base on some range of Reds or Greens ?   What about
> based on some union of each channel?

I'm not sure what you are referring when you say IsoVolume. Is this
the Contour filter in ParaView? If so, the Contour filter does not
operate on RGB data. The Threshold filter does not work with RGB data,
either. You may be able to instead use Find Data to locate all points
that fall in some range, and you can use a Python expression to
perform a union of thresholds on different channels. After you have
created a selection this way, you can extract the selection with the
Extract Selection button on the bottom of the Find Data dialog.

Note that image data is associated with points in images in ParaView,
not cells, so if you want to extract a selection of cells, you might
use the Point Data to Cell Data filter before creating a selection.

HTH,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen