From: Paul Melis <paul.me...@surfsara.nl<mailto:paul.me...@surfsara.nl>>
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 04:16
Subject: [Paraview] Optimus and Windows 10
To: <paraview@paraview.org<mailto:paraview@paraview.org>>

Hi,

In our paraview course two weeks ago we had a student that had trouble
running Paraview 5.4.1 (official windows 64-bit binaries) under windows
10. The symptoms were that the main menu bar was invisible and that the
mouse cursor did not match up with the position of the click event,
making it very hard to do anything. It seemed the menu bar somehow had
shifted under the window title bar, causing the misalignment.

As this laptop was an optimus system we figured it might have something
to do with that. After some fiddling we found that right-clicking on
paraview.exe and picking Run with graphics processor -> High-performance
NVIDIA processor solved the problem.

Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |