Any good advice for installing additional 3rd party modules for pvpython?  In a
Programmable Source I’d written to read in MATLAB (.mat) data files, I was
using the scipy module (scipy.io.loadmat). When I wrote that, I naively thought
to myself - WOW, it sure was convenient that they included scipy as a 3rd party
pkg in pvpython! Turns out, I was of course picking it up from another Python
2.7 distro. I only discovered this while testing on another OS (without any
Python).

So, have others found themselves in a similar situation? I realize the hurdle
depends on the module itself and, in this case, scipy is not trivial. Right
now, I’m thinking maybe requesting that users install Miniconda 2.7 and grow
from there, which presumably pvpython could use. Thoughts?

-Randy