Hi Aron

I tried your method and created the trace. When I go to the python shell
and run that python macro, it says that the custom filter I had created
does not exist. My custom filter consists of 2 calculator filters, each
calculating different things. To create that custom filter, I selected both
the calculators on the pipeline browser, right click-> create custom
filter->finish.

To create my python macro, I first load up my .vtu files in the pipeline
browser, hit apply, then I start trace. I add my custom filter, follow
Kenneth's procedure to obtain the plot over time, then I hit Stop trace.
Then in the script generated, file->save as macro.