The best way I can think of is to then use the threshold filter to isolate
each of the pieces and then use the cell size filter on each piece. This
would be fairly easy to automate in a Python script to just print out the
values.

Alternatively, I don't see a reason why the Connectivity filter couldn't
have an option added to output a field data array with the summed sizes of
each piece. Since Cory just made the connectivity filter work correctly in
parallel it would surprise me that he may be familiar enough with the code
to do the change in a couple of hours.