On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Wyatt Spear <wsp...@cs.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to add a 3d-component to my heat maps and it looks like the Warp
> By Scalar filter is the most straightforward way to map a scalar value to
> the Z axis. My trouble is, the labels on the Z axis grid are not displaying
> the actual range of values provided by the scalar when I change the warp
> scale factor. A scale factor of 1 gives the expected axis labels, of course,
> but puts my Z axis out of visual range. Is there a reasonable way to tie the
> Z axis labels to the range provided by the raw scalar data, so changing the
> scale factor of the warp doesn't effect Z Axis labels and their values
> remain representative of my data?

The axes are tied to the physical extent of the data, as you have
observed, not the scalar range of the array mapped to Z. You can edit
the Data Axes Grid "Z Axis Label Properties" and enable "Z Axis Use
Custom Labels" to manually set the label values to those of your data
array. It is not automatically tied to the scalar array range, though,
but the Z labels will be independent of changes to the warp scale
factor.

HTH,
Cory

> Thanks,