Roman,

I am a little confused. Can you clarify the user workflow, please?
Does the user load a pvsm state file which has Python Programmable
Filters in it and you want to access the data directory that the user
chose when loading the pvsm state file, is that it? Or does the user
load the pvsm state file and then also run some Python scripts from
the Python shell and you want to pass the data directory to these
scripts run in the Python shell.

Utkarsh