Hi Folks,

I have a 3D data of a scalar which is being advected & diffused. What I
need is a volumetric representation/rendering of 3D data similar to the one
attached(figure1 and figure2)[1] and [2].

My system's 3D volume rendering is attached (figure3). What I am struggling
with is to define the colormap such that the middle ranges become
transparent. I hope that by doing this I can reproduce the same figure.

What I have tried at first cut is to create a iso volume of the vtk file
which happens to be a rectilinear grid and somehow i couldn't directly
render it as a volume. After applying the IsoVolume filter, I apply color
map opacity transfer function to make certain range as transparent. The
output of this pipeline could be found in figure 4. Even after this the
visualisation doesnt look as clean as I expected and it happens after
applying the iso-volume filter.

Is there some other way out. Any ideas on how to implement/produce this in
Paraview.

Attachments(removed): Due to size limitations I am sharing all the figures
on this Imgur link  https://imgur.com/a/oQaJQr1

[1] http://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/113/1/69.full.pdf
[2] https://arxiv.org/pdf/1605.04161.pdf

With thanks & regards