On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 20:16:32 +0200
Doron Behar <doron.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be great if the defaults would be kept the same and we
> could choose with a quickly typed command line option to use the
> `primary` clipboard? How about `-C` instead of `-c` for `primary`
> instead of `clipboard`.
>
> I'd also like to know what attitude to take on this matter, whether a
> new option `-C` in addition to `-c` will be proper, and perhaps
> keeping `$PASSWORD_STORE_X_SELECTION` for the default (`-c`)
> `clipboard` selection, or perhaps using a new option `-s` /
> `--selection` will be better?

And what does -C or -s do on a non-X11 platform? MacOS doesn't even have
a primary selection. Neither does Windows. It's a bit rude to have a
command-line option like that that's only functional on one supported
platform.

If it's the amount of typing you're worried about, why not write a
quick bash function that wraps pass with the environment variable?

~Celti