You can try "pass init". Or you can try to debug, bash -x $ (which pass) insert foo. And see where the error is.

23.02.2018, 02:32, "moritz" <moritzhaberk...@morast.at>:

Dear List,

I'm using pass as my main password manager, but since a few days i can't create new passwords, I always get the error message:

    There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user
    [stdin]: encryption failed: Unusable public key

I already set the the trust of my key to ultimate als suggested here on STack Overflow
And also checked that my key is not expired. Still i get the error.

Any suggestions how to fix this or should i get a new key?

Best

Moritz

,