The new "series" support is seems like a potentially nice thing but
isn't super useful to me yet. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, or
maybe there are enhancements planned. Here's what I see:
- The "Series" column takes up a lot of horizontal space in the
- The content is usually redundant because it's either the same as
the "Patch" column (for single patches) or it's repeated N times for a
series of N patches.
What would seem useful to me is to treat a series as more of a
first-class object, e.g.,
- Omit the "Series" column entirely.
- For single patches, don't show any series information at all.
- For N-patch series, show the series title on a separate line,
followed by the existing 1..N lines indented a little bit, e.g.,
Series: Address error and recovery for AER and DPC
[v10,7/7] PCI/DPC: Enumerate the devices after DPC trigger event
[v10,6/7] PCI: Unify wait for link active into generic pci
[v10,5/7] PCI/AER: Unify aer error defines at single space
- It would be nice if the series line included the version.
- It would be super cool if the series line had a checkbox that
could be used to supersede, accept, mark N/A, etc for the whole series
- The "Date" and "Submitter" fields are redundant in a series; maybe
showing them once on the hypothetical new "Series" line would be
I do see that clicking the text in the "Series" column gets me to a
page, e.g., https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-pci/list/?series=29978,
where I can check the "Patch" box to select the series as a whole. I
could probably make more use of that than I do, but my internet
connection is pretty slow, so I would definitely prefer something that
works on the main page.
Patchwork mailing list