From: Mavela Mavela <mmav...@gmail.com>
To: payco@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, October 12, 2009 10:58:18 AM
Subject: [PAYCO] Confusion

MEMBERS of the Pan Africanist Movement held a memorial anniversary for the
second president of the then Pan Africanist Congress of Azania in Zwelitsha at
the weekend.
The party’s Eastern Cape publicity secretary, Mlindeli ka Majama, said the
event coincided with the birthday of their late president, Zephaniah Mothopeng,
who died in 1993 shortly after he was released from prison.
“This is something that we as the party had always wanted to do, to remember
and honour our leaders, and now we are able to do that.
“Uncle Zeph, or the Lion of Azania as he was affectionately called by his
comrades in the underground movement, is one of the people that played a very
vital role in the freedom that we enjoy as a country today,” he said.
Although the party’s president, Thami ka Plaatjie, was scheduled to give the
keynote address, he could not attend due to a family death.
Ka Majama said the few people who attended made the event successful.
“We were very pleased with the attendance considering that we are a new party
and it was our first time to host such an important event with our former
president, Clarence Makwetu, present,” he said.
The celebration included laying wreaths at the graves of struggle heroes Steve
Biko and human rights lawyer Griffiths Mxenge . - By SIBONGILE MKANI —
sibongi...@dispatch.co.za

Copy and paste on the link below to see the original article.
http://www.dispatch.co.za/article.aspx?id=351352

Confusion