Comrade Sebenzile,

I hope you are well my dearest Friend and Comrade.

Would you allow me to take off by 'attacking' you and then to end differently?
Since you are not here to engage in 'real time' I am now answering the
foregoing question on your behalf. This I do in the knowledge that you are my
Friend, and one of the finest of our generation.

The question is, have you not been a part of this slumber, self exaggeration
and pity ? The immediate answer is that you have been. And in addition if you
wish to contest this, what have you done to change this state? Was it enough
and or sufficient? All these questions seem to leave you on weaker ground.

Are you still willing to hear this my Friend ?

I thank you for allowing me to 'attack' you in this way without seeing my
points as personal affront but an invitation to do more, and my sternest belief
that you have what it takes to exert yourself more.

Revolution and change require more than just type-writer bravery and
intelligence.

It is for this reason that mediocre lead the gifted and talented comrades like
you.

The pain and task of leading a revolution and party building are much more
excruciating than that.

Having said all of the above, to you my dear Friend, I here add my voice of
praise to the validity that belies your submission.

That question must occupy all of us, that is whether this vehicle can still
carry this agenda, and whether it is not a wreckage from which we must isolate,
extricate and advance the potent agenda contained therein. Signs are all that
you are right, and on this one, very brave too, to have the guts to point this
out. I do not have to remind you how Sobukwe was at some point like you, like
you in that when the charterists ditched the Africanist program, and thus
rendering themselves a wreckage, he and others were brave enough to say, let us
pick the agenda away from this and find a vehicle to advance it. And they left
a movement that was almost five decades old. That was brave. So we have to
listen to you and to confront this question, and do an urgent assessment of
whether the current vehicle is still a vehicle or a wreckage that is about to
burn. And whether its immobility is a temporal state which can be fixed. If the
latter is correct, I am sure there is extreme urgency. This view, the latter
one, is getting weak by the day, as pitched against the reality of a vehicle
that may have become a wreck.

So well done my dear Friend !!

Another thing that has been killing me inside is this:

Have we imagined the potential pain of putting everything aside to fight for a
people and movement who in your darkest days or even so, in your dying days are
nowhere to acknowledge your sacrifices. I speak here of the many Apla boys who
were hanged and those who continue to suffer in and outside of jail. What about
their mothers, brothers and children? All that sacrifice gone to waste ?

The above really really kills me.

You see Gadaffi died a good one, Che, Saddam, Lumumba, Kwame and many others.
Their flame continues. What about the flame of these comrades and martyrs.

So in the light of the above, the neglect of those who suffered and the state
of the party, this question that you raise is most poignant.

I have not even dealt with our participation in contemporary issues, and our
ability to contend with the future.

So I put up my hands again to clap in praise of your bravery.

This is my type writer support to your comments.

Izwe Lethu ! I-Afrika !

Matome Mashao

Sent from my BlackBerry®