Rob,

I don't understand.  How did you get the talking folder and file names
working without going through the main menu.  The only way to turn those
options on to my knowledge is via those menus, but you say the menus are not
talking for you?

F1 is definitely the correct key.  There are 3 skinny keys going
horizontally under the display.  From left to right they are f1, f2 and f3.

Below those and toward the left side of the unit you have 2 round buttons,
one above the other.  The upper one is on, and the lower one is off.

To the right of those buttons are the navigational buttons placed in a
circle, with a small round button in the middle of the circle.  At 12
o'clock is the up button, at 9 o'clock is the left button, at 3 o'clock is
the right / play button, and at six o'clock is the down button.  The middle
button seems to be a select button and also the play / pause button.  The
stop button is actually the off button mentioned previously.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro