Hi all, I have tried several times, even to the point, of one of the
guys on the winamp for the blind list giving up on this question, but
I'll keep on trying, and see if eventually, I can solve these problems,
plus, I need to find out about how shoutcast deals with listed verses
unlisted streams.  First, I'm using winamp 2.92, and finally, got the
hang of what was being talked about regarding that audio stocker plus
shoutcast muxer.dll, which, personally, I think one can do with out,
but maybe I'm not understanding everything as of yet.  My problem is
this, when I stream, I want the listeners to hear the tight segways
between the songs that the sqr cross fader, version 1.65, which I'm
using affords, but, when I try and announce, and turn the line
recording on, with the shoutcast advanced controls unchecked, and the
microphone selected in the recording properties of my sound blaster
live value card, I hear myself, but it's not being broadcast over the
stream, so, somebody suggested I use the what you hear option, which
meant I had to check the advanced controls in the configuration screen
of the shoutcast plugin, but once I do that, and press the connect
button, my playback volume for the microphone goes to 0, and I have to
raise it to where it was before, at 112 of 255, and this wouldn't be so
bad, except that, when I tried that, I couldn't get the sqr cross fader
to play the songs tightly, for some reason, so I gave up, and don't
know why it does this.  It seems that if I just play music, the line
recording seems to work, but to me, it just doesn't sound right when
one song fades out, and another song fades in, like an album, rather
than like a radio station.  Also, just curious, and that is, the way I
have been streaming, was to make a giant mp3 of what I wanted to
stream, and let it play, with nothing else added, with the audio
stocker and sqr cross fader plugin just running while the songs segway
into each other quite nicely, for the most part, but what I had done
was to check the box that said, list on shoutcast, reccommended, that
hadn't been checked, and after the stream, I wanted to conduct some
more tests, so I unchecked the box, and found I couldn't connect, even
though I had not re-booted, because, I don't have a client updater,
because, I tried using the one from dyndns.org, and I could only get it
to see my ip address when I first ran it, but if I would re-boot, it
didn't see the new address, and the person helping me couldn't tell me
what to do, since they had sighted assistance with everything, so, does
anybody know if shoutcast doesn't like it when you unlist yourself from
their directories if you have to, because, if that ip address should
come up again, would that mean that I would not be able to connect?  I
can try some other things, but I may need help over the phone with
this, since during the main menu tutorials, the what ifs weren't
discussed, as far as I can remember.  Thanks, and sorry for going over
and over this thing, but there has to be a solution to this problem. 
Oh, I didn't mention, that, I'm also running the shoutcast plugin 1.80,
and the shoutcast server, version 1.92, since I don't have a test
server to try things out on.  

Marty



_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to