Hello,
Good news on the Audible front: there is a plug-in for Anapod which has to
be downloaded and installed separately which allows Anapod to support
Audible files--any format!  The Ipod remembers your place in an Audible file
so even if you go skipping around the Ipod it will start playback where you
left off.  I have not figured out how to navigate from section to section or
how to set bookmarks.  I don't believe you can use the Itunes store without
the Itunes software installed but I don't know that for sure as I have had
no interest in getting it to that area.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarai and Rosie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 12:03 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: MP3 Ipod


Also, what about books from audible.com? I know that the do play the books
on the ipods, but what about with out the itunes software?
Sarai and Rosie, Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
                          And lean not on your own understanding;
                          In all your ways acknowledge Him,
                          And He shall direct your paths."


----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Henrichsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 5:50 PM
Subject: RE: MP3 Ipod


> Yes. That was nice to hear about that separate program, but does it still
> allow for downloading or purchsing books from the itunes site as itunes
does?
> At 6/13/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi.
> >         Have you thought of writing a text file or doing a main menu
review
> >of the Ipod from a blind person's perspective? I think your ideas would
be
> >excellent. I had no idea that the Ipod could be made even somewhat usable
> >and, with the popularity of the machines, some blind people might want to
> >use them.
> >Aman
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >On Behalf Of Debbie Crafts
> >Sent: June 12, 2004 1:23 PM
> >To: 'PC audio discussion list. '
> >Subject: RE: MP3 Ipod
> >
> >Hello,
> >I won an Ipod at work and have been able to get it somewhat functional.
The
> >first step was to ditch the Itunes software, which I found totally
unusable.
> >There is a peace of software called Anapod Explorer put out by RedChair
> >software which works like a dream.  The URL is www.redchairsoftware.com
and
> >It organizes the Ipod in to folders and puts an icon on your desktop
which
> >you basically access like just another folder in My Computer.  You can
> >either copy/paste or send-to files to this window just like you can a
folder
> >on your hard drive, and Anapod even lets you manipulate playlists in an
> >intuitive manner.  It doesn't insist on synchronizing the Ipod with a
> >library on your computer as Itunes apparently does.  The documentation is
> >called the Omnitome and is on their website.
> >
> >      In terms of using the device itself, I found that the remote
control is
> >far the easiest interface.  There are definite buttons for play/pause,
> >previous and next.  You press down on the prev. and next buttons to fast
> >forward or rewind through a selection.  I have had limited success in
using
> >the unit itself by counting the audible clicks emitted by the Ipod when
you
> >access the touch wheel.  The second selection on the menu is "playlists"
and
> >then you touch the middle button for enter.  If you numerically sequence
> >your playlists in Anapod, you can then count clicks to the playlist you
> >want, enter, then either touch the top of the wheel to play or use the
play
> >button on the remote.  Not the easiest interface in the world to use, but
> >with a little elbow grease, it can be made to cooperate a little.  I
highly
> >recommend that anyone interested in using an Ipod check out Anapod
explorer.
> >I also found it essential to sit with a sighted person enough to get some
> >guidance in figuring out the interface.  Hope these remarks are helpful.
> >
> >Debbie


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to