Hi, Mac, there are two programs that will do this for you, but they're
not free, they are total recorder from
http://www.highcriteria.com
and recall pro from
http://www.sagebrush.com.
Total recorder has 2 versions, a standard version which is $13, and a
professional version which is $40.  I think recall pro is $40 but not
sure about that.  I really like total recorder, and you can even
convert to mp3 as it is recording.  Monty Icenogle did a tutorial for
total recorder, and you can hear it at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm0883.mp3.
Hope this helps you.
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:31:53 -0700, Mac Norins wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>
>I am trying to learn how to capture, or record streaming audio to my hard
>drive.  I have no idea how to do this.  I want to capture internet radio
>programs, audio from video (on news programs or from C SPAN  and the like).
>Is there a trick to this or am I just not seeing what is up with it?  I
>listened to Brian Hartgen's tutorial, on A C B  Main Menu, but it was a
>little bit too technical or something.
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mac Norins