It sounds like the Lame encoders are a good thing for MP3's. I have it with CDex, and it does sound like with Lame that the quality is about as good as the original wav file.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Morey Worthington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pc-audio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 12:31 PM
Subject: mp3 or wav

Hello all,
I am copying my vinyl records to be put on a CD. Understanding that the
quality of the record means much, the following question still pertains to
quality.
Which format has the better recording quality..mp3 or wav?
If I recorded in .wav and then converted that .wav file to .mp3 would the
quality change?
I guess what I am asking, which format sounds better in the finished
product?
Thanks,
Morey