What do you want to save the audio from a DVD on? I have a DVD player,
and I wanted to listen to the Concert for George, last Christmas while I
was ringing bells for the Salvation Army.  I recorded the entire audio
track on a mini disk.  I had to use the LP2 sampling rate.  Cause the
whole thing was 3 hours.  I could only take it off the analogue output.
I tried using the Toslink optical output, but didn't get any sound.  So
the analogue output was the only way to go.  Then I took it with me on my
portable mini disk   recorder and listened to it while I rang bells.
Hope this helps.
Kevin