Forget Windows Media, get a decent player such as Winamp, and encode them into Ogg Vorbis using software such as DBPowerAmp Music Converter or CDEX.
Thanks,
Nick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaffar Sidek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: Help with converting music

Hi John. Your best bet would be to encode them all to the WMA or Windows media audio format. This format, though smaller then mp3 in size, produces quite reasonable results. The only snag i can see is that if you wanted to play them on a device such as an mp3 player, it would have to have WMA support, or you won't be able to access your music from anything else but from your pc only. Cheers!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnathan Richards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>