To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: Dell Laptop And Compatible Sound Caards Question?

Hi mary

Unfortunately it's difficult to turn the volume down on the fly for
individual channels.  There is a volume control on the top of the card
itself for turning it down generally, but if you want to turn down
individual channels, you have to go into the indigo control panel where
there's a very graphic mixing panel with 8 volume controls and you have to
turn down the individual ones.

In other words the card has 8 inputs and 1 output. The default settings are
quite acceptable I've found so quite frankly I've left well alone and just
treated it as a multi-channel sound card. I guess however, that being
multi-channel virtually in the true sense of the word, if you turn down the
volume in your speech package itself, it shouldn't affect the rest.

Hope that's helpful.

Chrissie