Hi list, I need a good samaritan. I have just bought a creative mp3 player, but so far, have failed to transfer any files in to it. I have put in the software, and my computer recognises it as a drive, but does not recognise that there is a mp3 file on it, which there is. it comes with a demo file, and i can play this if i use the player not plugged in to my computer. this player is the 128 megabyte player. the copy files instructions are written for a sighted person, and are mouse oriented using drag and drop. I tried first to do the transfer through the clipboard, and it didn't work. i received an error message, saying the the player couldn't find the specified file, although it named the file concerned. it asked that i checked the path and name of the file. I found this rather strange, as i hadn't typed in the name of the file, so how did it know what file it couldn't find. I then tried to use the drag and drop method, which can be done with wineyes, which is my screen reader. i got the same result. i then made a drag and drop transfer between two of my other drives, just to make sure that i had the method correct. i did four transfers, and they worked perfectly. If anyone out there is familiar with this particular player, i would be glad of his help.
My son, who has the advantage of being able to see, couldn't transfer any files to it either. if anyone can help please do. i am using windows xp. brian.