Hi Terry. Manufacturers didn't come out with stereo TV's until around 1985, but I think they had mono TV's a while after that; but I would imagine that any TV you would buy today would be stereo.
----- Original Message ----- From: "TerriStimmel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 6:57 AM
Subject: Odd question

Hello everyone,
I have a question that might be considered off topic. But I'm asking,
because I'm getting my DVD player today.
I have two TV's. The one that is in my living room, I got from a friend, as
a trade for my old HP.
I don't know much about this TV, and that's where I'm hoping I can get some
thoughts.
First of all, this TV is mono. I didn't think those sorts of TV's existed
anymore, so this makes me think that the TV is pretty old.
The question I have though, is just how old might it be?
Also, I'm trying to find audio and video jacks on the TV, but so far I
haven't found any.
Does anyone know when these jacks were first put in TV's?
Certainly this TV isn't so old that it doesn't have audio and video jacks.
The TV is in color, and it does have really good sound.
I think it actually sounds a good bit better than my TV/VCR combo, that is
in stereo.
The reason I feel this way, is because the speakers on the combo are very
small. And if the TV is turned up, just a bit too loud, those speakers make
a kind of hum.
I'm not explaining that exactly right, but that's as close as I can get.
I do know that this TV is made by RCA. And it's a good size one, maybe 19,
or 20 inches. The top of the TV is narrow. Actually, the whole thing is
narrow, and wide in size.
I hope that makes some sense?
It works rather well. I notice that when I turn it off, I don't hear that
static-like sound, as I'm used to hearing on my combo.
I'm not sure how to describe what that sound is like.
There is one odd thing I've noticed about this TV.
Some of the channels come in with a lot of static. I don't understand why
this is happening.
I have cable, and the cable is connected to a splitter.
This is so I'm able to have cable TV in my living room, and in my bedroom,
where the combo TV has retired to.
It had to go in there, sense it was smaller than this RCA.
Would anyone know why some of the channels are staticy, and others aren't?
It isn't like this with my other TV. Nor is it like this with the RCA, when
I have the VCR on.
My friend who gave me the TV, thought it might have to do with the cable
splitter, and having the cable split. But I didn't see how this was
possible.
Also, I know others who have their cable set up like this, and they don't
have this sort of problem.
By the way, another thing that makes me think this RCA can't be too old, is
that the channels did have to be programmed in. Now rather or not it was
done automatically, or manually, I'm not sure.
Any thoughts on any of this, will be much appreciated. I really don't want
my DVD player in my bedroom, nor do I want to switch the TV's out.
Thank you,
Terri