I believe that their are computers around now that are quite powerful and about
the size of a shoe-box, I've heard of people using them for audio/video
recording and editing.

At 12:50 PM 11/13/2004, you wrote:
Well what I imagined I could do was to have a stand-alone device that I could
use to record cassettes to cdr discs away from the computer.

- ----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Mallard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: CD Recorder

Andrea - Run a cable from the Output of the tape deck to the Line In on your computer. Use the Record function of a program named Media Jukebox to record the sound and put it on your harddrive. What I use is a homebuilt mixer that I run to the Line In. That way I can hookup six different devices, and use whichever one I choose. Guy Mallard

- --- Andrea Sherry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there such a beast ie. an appliance that can be
connected say to a tape deck and record direct to a
cdr disc?
If such a recorder does exist, will it cost some
small portion of the national debt topurchase?
Cheers
Andrea
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
When you have eliminated the impossible.
whatever remains, however improbable,
must be the truth.
to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
G.M. ELECTRONICS SERVICE >>   REPAIR*INSTALLATION* CIRCUIT DESIGN &
CONSTRUCTION >>Computers*Satellite TV*Marine Electronics*Ham Radio
Communications *Project Custom-Design & Construction* Wireless * Custom-
Designed Original 50-60's Oldies Music CD's*Professional Printing(Non-Smear
Wax-Based Ink)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     PH: (904)282-1472  Guy Mallard, Owner