To: "pc audio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 6:49 PM
Subject: recording with sound card

Is it possible to record files directly onto the computer using the sound card? For example, if I'm listening to something in winamp, can I use a program like mp3 directcut to record it? With stepvoice recorder, it says to use standard window mixer to record streaming audio, but I can't find any such thing on my machine. My master volume control shows cd audio, line in, and microphone. I have an hp machine using jaws 5.1 and windows xp home. I do not have any sound cards other than the one that came inside the computer.
Thanks for your help.
Cris Hall