I find that I cannot rip into Ogg Vorbis format with Winamp. I can play such files but not rip from CD in that format.

After being assured by others that one could do this with Winamp, I checked the "Ripping Preferences". I find a list of 4 formats and no Ogg Vorbis.

Wav Output
MP3 Encoder v1.2
MP4 AAC 1.0
Raw AAC 1.0

If I click on the "Wav Output Options" button I get a list of 8 pre-sets one of wifch is Ogg vorbis". However if I tab accross to the "Attributes" list I can slect attribute but I still end up with a wav file.

I found a plug in for Winamp and Ogg Vorbis on the net but it says it is for Ver 2x of Winamp. Should it work?

Any clues.

P.