From: "Susan Wojtecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 8:41 PM
Subject: questions about music download services

Hi listers,
I hope this is not off topic and apologize in advance if it is.

I am looking at the imusic download service but am skeptical about getting
into it without more information.  Firstly, can anyone tell me what software
is involved in listening to and burning the files?  I would like to be able
to burn the tracks I have downloaded to CD using Nero, is this possible?
Also, how is the overall selection?  I would probably be looking for
country, folk, classical, and classic rock/oldies for the most part, and am
hoping to find a good selection and not just little-known independent
artists, which of course is impossible to determine without signing up.

My other question has to do with the Walmart downloads.  I appreciate the
fact that you can browse their site and more or less listen to the tracks
before downloading.   However, I have never tried burning any other format
to Nero except for wav or MP3 and was not sure this is possible.  If it is
not possible, I guess I'd have to record the files to .wav or .mp3 and would
be concerned about loss of quality. I am, of course, assuming that there are
no problems with hidden fees, legality and accessibility issues, unwanted
spyware etc., so would want to know if I've overlooked something.  Would
like to hear the pros and cons of getting involved with either of these from
those of you who have been there.  All thoughts and advice much appreciated.

Susan