Hi all, I had written about a problem with windows media player, where
it wanted to install smart media juke box, and such, and I repeatedly
said no, so I found windows media series updates in add remove
programs, but was afraid to remove it, because I thought it would roll
my player back to version 6.4, so I didn't do anything, and tried it
this morning, and sure enough, I removed the windows media series 9
updates, and it did just that, but when I checked with win doctor, I
thought I heard it say that there was an invallid registry key with
nero, so I'm afraid that in removing media 9, that something in nero
got removed, because, I made an audio cd, the first one with this new
nero, and when I tried to play something in winamp, it kept giving me
an illegal operations message, and even when I tried playing a stream,
it did this, but when I re-booted, all was well, but here's the illegal
operations message, just hope that removing media 9 series from add
remove didn't take something from nero, or ahead software, as I fear it
did, but it shouldn't have, and I downloaded media 9 again from the
windows update site, and apparently, this update is an additional
player, or something like that, but windows media player 9 is back to
its' smiling self, just worried about the illegal operations messages
with winamp.  Here is the message.  
************************************************************
Date 12/18/2004 Time 19:00
WINAMP caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff7b9a6.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=bff7b9a6 EFLGS=00200246
EBX=830585b0 SS=0187 ESP=0192fc04 EBP=8305859c
ECX=c1783a20 DS=0187 ESI=830585b0 FS=3f0f
EDX=81837c38 ES=0187 EDI=0000019c GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
ff 76 04 e8 13 89 ff ff 5e c2 04 00 56 8b 74 24 
Stack dump:
00511af8 7f88de25 830585b0 0192fc3c 00000000 6307a8e0 6307a8e0 00000000
63042294 00511af8 0192fc38 6307a8e4 0192fc7c 00000670 0192fc64 6302c23b

All this, with window-eyes 4.5sp4 192 megs of ram, a 400 megs
processor, the latest nero, version 6303, and windows 98 se.  I did use
the plugin for creating .ogg files into audio cd's, and it did say that
it couldn't originally write at 12 x, but at 8x, so I don't know what
happened, but now that I've re-booted, things seem to be fine, just
that illegal operations message that happened about 3 or 4 times
bothers me.  
 
Marty



_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to