I use a Victor Classic, version 2.2.4, not the Classic Plus, and it plays 32-bit MP3 files 22,050 mono all the time. What are you using to encode?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curtis Delzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: mp3 point 5, what is it?

I have been evaluating the Victor Classic for the Mid Illinois talking book project and found that:
(1) it will NOT play 32 bit (mono) files (22.050K mp3 files (using the 2.56 update)
(2) will not play 64K (stereo mp3 files) but does play vbr encoded files.
(3) when files are vbr it does NOT correctly display the time remaining or the time used on the disk by such files in the "info" (0) report.
Also, one thing which is extremely annoying is that there is no folder navigation in the case that books might be put in folders on a given mp3 cd
If, also, there are no (according to Victor Classic) playable mp3 files on the disk, though there is a disk full of 32K mono mp3 files, it says, "no book on disk," rather than just saying "file type not supported," as it does when there are some.

Curtis Delzer