Can you use the ipod for other tasks, doyou use jaws onit?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of KStarrett
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:34 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: RE: Apple Ipod Shuffle accessible?

Hi Chris,

I got an ipod just after Christmas and -- with a little help from some
listers -- I am able to transfer music and manage it once it's on the
ipod.

I bought a program called Anapod explorer (from a company called Red
Chair
Software) that allows me to access the contents of the ipod in a tree
format
just like windows explorer. The program is pretty cheap (around $25) and
works great with jfw. The one drawback with anapod is that you need
another
program to do the ripping and encoding of the tracks. Red Chair Software
recommends a program called audio grabber but I'm using Itunes to do the
"import" of tracks mostly because it's ultimately easier despite the
unfriendliness of the app in general.

The long and short of it is that you can absolutely transfer and manage
your
music on the ipod. I love the ipod and am not sorry I bought one.

My understanding of the ipod shuffle is that, unlike the ipod, you have
load the music in the order in which you want to hear it. In other words
don't think you can do playlists or random play. That's not an issue for
me
since I load the songs in my preferred order anyway.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I hope it was helpful.

Kimberly