You could try the following: make sure that the drive shows up in the system manager, make sure the drive works, also check the cabling.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shashi Gothivarekar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Blindtech(List)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Access-UK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "PC-Audio List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:53 PM
Subject: Writing to CD - help?

Hello folks,
    I have a problem which is driving me crazy. I am trying to copy a
couple of data folders from Windows explorer to a CD. After selecting
the folders and copying them to the clipboard, it comes up with an
error message the drive is not ready. It does not matter whether I
have a CD-r or CD-rw in the drive. How do I get round this please?. I
have Windows XP home edition on the machine. Thanks in advance for
your help. Regards.
    Shashi.

Sunny Manchester U. K.
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]