What's the source for this project, I mean are you taking the source for a
digital (say CD) source or an analogue (say tape) source?

If you could tell us that then perhaps we can give you a specific answer but
(for the moment) if you're taking your source from a digital source (say CD)
then you could just use say Sound Forge to read the entire CD and mark each
track as a region, you could use EAC to extract the whole CD into a WAVE file
and split the WAVE file (according to the cue sheet generated) into tracks etc.
If you're taking your source fron analogue (say tape or LP record) then things
get a bit tricky and you may have to scan through the file to find the start
and end positions of tracks. If you're sure that your analogue surce has
silence between tracks then you can set Sound Forge to create regions for every
new track it finds (you set the level threshold, a silent passage as defined by
the threshold level is the trigger for Sound Forge to wait till the level rises
again thus starting a new track and creating a new region).

As I say, you weren't really specific in your question so I don't know whether
my answer would have helped very much.

Cheers