Jeff, the MZ-B100 portable MD recorder and a Sony ECM 719 Microphone,
which one can use hands free is a good combination. Another option is
the Sanyo ICR-B180NX, an MP3 dictation recorder with a built-in stereo
microphone and a built-in speaker. One can transfer the recorded MP3s
easyly to a PC with that one. However, the  highest recordable frequency
on the Sanyo is 7500 Hertz. Also, it seems to be very difficult to get
in the U. S.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>