In a message dated 4/2/2005 12:52:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hello  List:  As the subject implies, I am in need of help in getting  Windows
Media to play audio streams!  I discoverred this problem while  trying to
access WSM (a radio station in Nashville's_ audio stream; the  computer gives
me this message..or something like it: Windows Media cannot  play this file;
it has encountered a problem with the sound device; there  may not be a
"sound device" installed oon your computer..or there may not  be a sound
device installed!  This ois absolutely absurd; I just  installed new drivers
not long ago!  I have no idea as to what I must  do to acess my audio
streams!  Note:  I have tried this with more  than one audio stream that
uuses "Windows Media"..and cannot access either  one!  Can anybody help?
Tom  Kaufman

I'm also having problems with streams from Windows  Media. When I try to
access a stream, I get the Windows diaglog box to close  Windows Media Player,
press the spacebar. I also sometimes get the same thing of  not being able to
play  station.     (Chester)