Hi Bruce,

Well, I've looked into your suggestion and have some questions.  My hope is
to find the most affordable and most easily Jaws accessible program for
burning music CDs from ripped albums (I'm not likely to create any mix CDs,
just recreate CDs from ripped files en toto), copy a music CD without
ripping the original first, and also making periodic backups of the folders
on my hard drive that are most important to me.  Preferably using CDr/W for
those so that I can make weekly backups by rewriting the same CD without
having to learn what I guess is called "multisession" technique, creating
incremental or successive backups on the same CD.  I don't want to get into
that.  I want to use the method just as I long ago used a stack of floppies
and a DOS backup program every week to back up directories from my hard
drive.  Not trying to create archives of all my backups.

but I digress.  I went to the Golden Hawk site and found the information
about CDRWIN, and the price is certainly right.  But then, it's in the same
price point with Roxio Easy CD/DVDCEDED Creator 6 that, as Will pointed out,
is till available from some vendors.

(By the way, I managed to find the Main Menu program that included a review
and tutorial back in June 2000.  But when I clicked on the link, I was
kidnapped to some sort of search results page with a lot of hits for CD/R
stuff, and whose link for CDRWIN took me to a CDRWIN home page of some sort
that didn't make any sense to me.  So I went back to the Golden Hawk site,
without having heard or read any personal evaluations or descriptions of the
product.)

This may be of interest to ACB radio fans in case this means someone has
hijacked that link or something.  Anyway, what I would appreciate your
telling me is just how accessible and understandable the program is for you,
and if you are able to compare it in that regard to the Roxio product.  I'm
not assuming you've had experience with Easy CD Creator, but there's no harm
asking, I guess.  I'm just trying to decide.  Because I've determined that I
simply can't figure out how to do this in WMP for reasons I don't want to
reiterate, and also I tried out that Premier product but it began
malfunctioning strangely after just one successful use for both ripping and
burning, and I couldn't get any tech support from them at all.  Not one
answer to my careful questions.  So even if some people are enjoying that
Premier product, I can't see spending my money on it, though I'd like to
support this apparently well-intentioned accessibility-conscious company.

So, any further suggestions before I take a leap and buy either Easy CD/DVD
creator or CDRWIN?  I really hope to choose one that isn't too mystifying so
that I find myself tabbing around a bunch of controls I can't make sense of,
reading instructions that are poorly and incompletely written, and so forth.
If only there were a burning program as simple and efficient as CDex is for
ripping.  But I guess there isn't.... whimper, whimper..

Thanks very much.  I hope to get through this soon.  Appreciate the help.