Chris, Please see the message I posted *before* I sent this postscript. It ought to be below the message to which you've responded here. it is very explanatory. Please read it. thanks. as I explained, I was unable to install the update. No, the version I already had on my computer was not running at the time.
However, as I said, I did uninstall V. 2.0, and when I later decided to do just as you suggest and tried to reinstall it from its installation file, this time the install failed. I have given all the details about this in my message. This is all I was asking about. Why the installation is filing. Again, please see the details in my main message about this issue. It's all there. I wasn't asking (yet) for guidance in using it. I'm determined to read a set of instructions I downloaded from somewhere, before asking any questions abut using the program. My problem here is just that I can't reinstall version 2, any more than I could install the update. thank you for alerting me to the update taking away some accessibility. to assuxpl;a ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 2:59 PM Subject: Re: Ipodder won't install Hi Dan You need to make sure any copy of iPodder you have on your system is closed before running any updates. You really, really don't want to update this version of iPodder though, because it takes away some accessibility features present in version 2.0. So, stay with version 2.0 if at all possible. If it's closed, try running it again and see if you get any error messages. If you do we can go from there. But if you don't get any error messages, you'll be fine. Just ignore the prompt to update. You really don't want to, trust me on this! At 04:01 PM 5/22/2005, you wrote: >P.S. on below: > >1. In case my wording confused anyone, I didn't simply delete the icon of >the program on my Start menu. I used the Uninstall function in the Ipodder >submenu. >2. After giving up trying to install newly downloaded Ipodder 2.0.03, I >tried to reinstall plain old version 2.0, which I had effortlessly >installed >the first time. But here, too, I was stopped by the same error message as >I >describe below, in exactly the same way. So it doesn't seem to involve >some >glitch or bug in the programs themselves or their installation procedures >that's at fault. But if it's something on my computer that's resisting or >sabotaging the installation, I have no idea what that might be. As before, >knowledgeable advice will be appreciated. > >Daniel > >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Yardbird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >To: "PC-Audio" <[email protected]> >Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:41 PM >Subject: Ipodder won't install > > >Having decided to spend some time this Sunday afternoon reading up on how >to >subscribe to and download podcasts, I launched the copy of Ipodder 2.0 that >I'd successfully installed a couple of weeks ago. > >I was about to explore the interface and its menus and options with Jaws, >when I got a notice that there was an update available that resolved some >pI-Tunes related issue. Well, I don't use I tunes, but, thinking this >would >be a harmless and easy procedure, I clicked yes to allow myself to be taken >online to a download site that I think was called EasyNews. > >I found the link for downloading Ipodder for Win XP, eventually was >delivered the download after a few minutes' wait in queue, I suppose. > >Then I clicked on the executable file in its destination folder to begin >the >installation. I assumed it would overwrite and supersede my earlier >Ipodder >version with no difficulty, > >Immediately upon beginning the actual installation process, I got a >dramatic >Windows error tone and the message that some file couldn't be written. >Well, I didn't know what that implied or signified, so I tried out the >Retry >option, which didn't work, then the Ignore option, which also didn't work, >and finally cancelled the installation. > >I wondered, maybe it's in conflict with the existing copy of Ipodder that's >already on my computer? So, just to be on the safe side, I went to the >Ipodder icon on my programs menu and uninstalled the old copy. Then I >attempted to run the installation of the new V. 2.0.3 again. > >Same thing happened. It couldn't write one file, I clicked on Ignore (why >would it be offered, this Ignore option, if it didn't help?) and tried to >proceed, but then it couldn't write the *next* file. Well, I don't know >what any of this means, but I figured I'd better just cancel and come here >to ask if anyone know what's happening to me, and what I might do to >rectify >it, get Ipodder set up again, and begin to learn how to use it. > >Thanks, all. > > > >-- >No virus found in this outgoing message. >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. >Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.15 - Release Date: 5/22/2005 > > >_______________________________________________ >PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... >http://www.pc-audio.org > >To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: >[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > >-- >No virus found in this incoming message. >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. >Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.15 - Release Date: 5/22/2005 > > > > >-- >No virus found in this outgoing message. >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. >Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.15 - Release Date: 5/22/2005 > > >_______________________________________________ >PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... >http://www.pc-audio.org > >To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: >[EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.15 - Release Date: 5/22/2005 -- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.15 - Release Date: 5/22/2005 _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
