Here's how to do it in version 4.2.  Maybe this will work for your
friend.  This is from the jfwlite.com  site.


Preparation:
1. Close all files running in the "systems tray" that you do not need,
especially "virus checkers".
2. Create a new folder on your hard drive, if you don't know how see
below.
3. Start your "windows explorer" program.
4. You will be positioned on the line just below the "c" hard drive
line.
Hit "alt+f" and enter on the first item. Hit enter on "folder" which is
the
first item. You will be in a edit field enter the name of the folder
you
wish to create (I used "cdmusic") and hit enter.
5. Return to the desktop.

Begin create CD procedure.
1. Do not put a blank CD into your CD writer until instructed.
2. Hit "insert+f11" (system tray) and arrow down to "adaptec create cd"
and
hit enter.
3. The first item will be "audio sub menu" hit enter.
4. The first item on the next screen will be "audio cd" hit enter on
it.
5. This will bring up a screen "Untitled easy Cd creator" and you will
be
positioned on the "c" drive, in the tree view, right arrow to open.
6. Arrow down to "program files" (I type "pro" and it goes there)
right
arrow to open.
7. Arrow down to "napster" (I type "n" to get there) right arrow to
open.
8. Arrow down to "music" (I type "m" to get there) and hit tab to open
the
list.
9. Arrow down to the first title you wish to select and hit the space
bar to
select, now you may hold down the control key and arrow down to the
next
title you wish to select and hit space bar to select. I wanted all 21
titles in my "music" folder, so I hit "ctrl+a" to select all.
10. Hit "alt+e" (for edit) and arrow down to "add selected" (you may
hit "s"
to go directly).
11. Tab, this will bring up a edit field "cd title" (this is an
optional
entery).
12. Tab again this will bring up "Artist name" (this is optional).
13. Tab again this will put you in "cd layout", here titles will be
arranged
alphabetically by artist then by title, you can cut and paste your
titles so
as to arrange the order you want the songs on your CD.
14. Now that you have your music arranged in the order you would like
it to
appear on the CD, hit "alt+f" (for file), arrow down to "create CD
image"
and hit enter. This will bring up a edit box for "file name", put in
your
path and file name, (I used "c:\cdmusic\various").
15. Tab, this puts you in "file type", this is OK as is, proceed to the
next
step.
16. Tab, this places you on the "save" button, hit enter.
17. Now the "create CD image" has began, wait a couple minutes then
route
your "jaws to PC cursor", arrow up 3 lines, (I set my screen echo to
none),
here you can follow the progress of the image creation. When the
creation
phase is completed you will be positioned on the "OK", hit enter.
18. You are now returned to the "untitled Easy CD" menu screen.
19. You are now ready to burn the CD from the image, place a blank CD
in the
CD writer and close the drawer.
20. Hit "alt+F" (for file) arrow down to "Create CD from CD image" and
hit
enter, you will be in a edit box for "file name", type in the path and
file
name you created in the previous phase (I used "c:\cdmusic\various",
this
will open the file and begin creating the CD. With your "jaws" cursor
you
can follow the progress, this will not take as long as the previous
phase.
When this phase is completed you will have to locate the "OK" and left
click
on it to begin to close the process.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 5/24/2005 12:59:15 AM >>>
Hi, this is Steve. I am trying to help a friend who has Roxio 5 and
wants to
create an image file. I have Roxio 6, and use Creator Classic which I 
understand, so my options
are not the same. It all sounds unfamiliar to me, thinking it would be

similar. Also, I want to be sure the CDDB option is working.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.



_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org 

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to