Michael,

I also enjoy your reviews very much. Can you tell me whether the Olympus DS2 has the usual beeps and the ability to hear when one goes from one folder to another?

Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Lang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: Minidisc recorder Drawback

Shane,

I know the DS-2 and the WS-200s. The DS-2 has bigger buttons and a
bigger speaker. It can only record up to one hour in its S-HQ mode,
because it has 64 megs of memory and uses 128 KBPS for its S-HQ mode.
The WS-200s can record up to four hours in its S-HQ mode, because it has
128 megs of memory and uses 64 KBPS. None of the two can be used with an
AC adapter. One can listen to the end of the last recording with the
DS-2 by skipping to it and then pressing back, while in stop mode. This
isn't possible on the WS-200s, because the WS is just a note taking
recorder, while Olympus sees the DS-2 as a kind of dictation machine.
Also, to connect the DS-2 with a PC, one has to use a USB cable, but the
WS-200s has a built-in USB plug.

  <*** Michael Lang ***>

You wrote:

Hello, Michael and list. Michael, I have listned to all your reviews on Main Menu, so your opinion is very high in my book. I just purchased an Olympus DS2, and I love it. Do you have any
reviews of
this little machine, and if you don't, do you personally have the recorder? I am very interested in comparisons between the DS2 and the WS200S. Thanks so much to you and to the list!

Shane Jackson
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA.