If all you're looking for is a ripper and a burner with a simple interface, definitely forget about the realPlayer, and go with Easy CD-DA Extractor, instead. I only use RealPlayer for playing Real web streams, and for burning the RAX files I've been downloading lately from the Real Music Store, which can only be burned to CD in the Premium RealPlayer.

As to the file types: start Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer), go to the Tools menu, go to the Folder Options menu, press ctrl-tab twice, so that you're on the third tab in the dialogue, the File Types tab. Explore the settings on that tab. Let me know if you have any further questions, once you've done so.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: Burning with RealPlayer

Donna, I admit I just don't understand the Real Player menus, then.  So far
as I understood earlier, I *was* in the section for setting the file types
the Library should deal with.  I just don't understand theinterface, and I
think I'm just going to give up and settle on one of the several commercial
rip and burn programs I've been auditioning to see which one is most Jaws
friendly and most comprehensible to me.

So let me just give up on this Real Player project.  I tried the same
procedure in Windows Media Player and that, too defeated me because there
are so many controls and lists as I tab around, it's a real mess to figure
out.  I really appreciate the simpler, dedicated programs all the more in
comparison.

But one question I'd still like to ask:  You say there's a Window Explorer
file types dialogue?  What do you mean?  I'm pretty familiar with Windows
Explorer-- I mean very familiar; I use it as my file management tool all
day.  But I don't know what you're referring to.

Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dana S. Leslie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>