I'm going to be producing an interview show for the internet using a
> telephone hybrid to record the program into my computer for later
broadcast.
> A friend of mine has a broadcast host digital hybrid
>
http://www.jkaudio.com/broadcast-host_dtails.htm
 which I'm borrowing to
try
> out. I've got an audiotechnica at 804 omni dynamic microphone plugged into
> the xlr send of the host, and a stereo patch cord going from the stereo
mini
> jack line-level output on the host containing the send and receive audio
to
> the line input of my sound card.
> I've got plenty of send audio. The problem is that the level of the
incoming
> caller audio coming out the output jack is low, and when I turn it up to
get
> a better level, I get cross-talk from the send audio leaking into the
> receive audio. This surprised me, since the specs state that the
> trans-hybrid loss is supposed to exceed 50 db. If I lower the caller level
> while recording and then crank it up later in post-production, I still
have
> the same problem. The technician at J K audio said that to achieve better
> separation I'd have to get something like the innkeeper 1, which costs
about
> $700.
> I looked at the specs for J k audio's inline patch, and although it's an
> analog hybrid and therefore shouldn't work as well as a digital hybrid,
like
> the host or the innkeeper, although the specs claim that it only has 20 db
> of trans-hybrid separation as opposed to the host's 50 db of separation,
the
> specs seem to show that it has a hotter line-level  output than the host,
> and costs only $240.. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than
plunking
> down $700 for something like the innkeeper 1 which is beyond my budget?
> Has anyone used the inline patch?
>


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to