When I initially posted this approximately three weeks ago, it did not
elicit a single response.  So I thought I would try again.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald L. Roberts"

I am using Total Recorder professional, version 5.2.  My question,
however, centers on a
segment of Total Recorder which is fundamentally the same since version
4.

Pardon the length of this; however, I want to make it clear what I am
trying to find out.

Suppose one is making a recording in Total Recorder professional.
I want to select the conditions when Total Recorder will automatically
stop recording.  So
after commencing recording,  I click on auto stop recording, set the
duration, and then click
on advance stop recording conditions.  There are three check boxes under
this.  The first
allows one to tell T R to stop recording if the file size exceeds a
designated number of
megabytes.  The third check box allows the user to instruct T R to stop
recording if the sound
thresh hold is not exceeded for a user specified number of seconds.
There is also a combo box
which allows the user to designate a minimum number of seconds of
recording, before which T R
will not shut down.

So now for the question.  I mentioned the uses for check boxes 1 and 3.
But specifically what
is the purpose for the second check box.  By its wording, it would
appear to duplicate that of
check box #3.  But I am certain that this is not the case.  So just what
is the use for check
box #2?

Thanks for responses.

Don Roberts