If anyone finds the wave2text program, please let me know where. I can find references and descriptions of it, but not the program itself.

Thanks
Betsy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Sherry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: audio to text

OK this might help.
There is an application called Wave2Text and this is from the readme file that comes in the archive:
WHAT ARE THE KEY APPLICATIONS OF WAVE TO TEXT ?

Useful for HIGH SPEED speech to text conversion

real-time dictation less input

no computer conscious recording or dictation

save precious time

You need not be conscious about what computer is going to write.

In the end anyhow you require to format the document for printing.

Let your assistants do the proof reading and conversion.

Useful for converting MP3, WAV or WMA recordings of continuous speech recorded

using pocket size recording devices or laptops, palmtops etc

Outdoor recordings

Voice Notes

Voice Event Descriptions.

You just have to submit the wave files to your assistants

Do a Googlie for vext007.zip. The zip is approx 24 megs.

Had it installed and it appeared to do a reasonable job of converting speech to text. It doesn't claim to be perfect but it gets things acceptably close to the original so that some proof reading is required.

HTH

Cheers

Andrea

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>