Hi James I found the acbradio archives very helpful when I was doing this myself a few months ago. This is at acbradio.org in the archives for the main menu program.
Jonathan Mosen did a number of very informative items a couple of years ago on broadcasting including shoutcast and Station Playlist. You should be able to find the editions of main menu containing these by searching on the archives page. Jim > - ----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jardata_Mail_Services > Sent: 06 September 2005 07:48 > To: [email protected] > Subject: Setting Up Shoutcast Server > > > Hello List! > > I recently downloaded a shoutcast server program from the > shoutcast web site. What I would like to do is set up my own > server and not have to pay for one. I have my own four web sites > and have a large amount of web space. Could someone assist me in > setting up the shoutcast server? I'd like to use Winamp, the > shoutcast plug-in, and the shoutcast server on my own site to get > this done. I'd like to have a step-by-approach to what I need to > do in order to get connected to my server and start playing music > online. In other words, I need to know how to get the shoutcast > server up and configured; then connect to it; and then play some > music. Also, I would like to have some info or tutorial on the > Winamp playlist or I can use Station Playlist. I have a week off > so have the time to get started. Hope someone can get me started > in the right direction. > > Thanks a lot. > > James Robinson > _______________________________________________ > PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > http://www.pc-audio.org > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
