Great tip, thanks.
I got used to using the library but focus is now becoming a bit of an issue
with latest version of Winamp. We're always playing catch up, arn't we?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dana S. Leslie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: Winamp Question.

,Anita, Robert,

In my experience, after one has opened the library with alt-l and tabbed
once to the library button, one must press the spacebar on the library
button before one can arrow down to the remove missing media, add media to
library, or other functions.

But, in any case, if all one ultimately wishes to do with the library is to
scroll through a list of the media files already on one's computer and
select what to play from there, it is far simpler, I find, to ignore the
library, all together. Instead, from the winamp main window, press shift-l.
One is then presented with a tree view of one's hard drive. browse the
treeview till you come to the folder in which you store your media. You can
click on the folder to load the entire contents of the folder into a
playlist, or you can continue to browse your music folder till you find the
particular subfolder containing just what you want to play. If all you want
to play is a single track, not a folder full of tracks, start the whole
process with the l (rather than shift-l) command, and browse the slightly
different interface till you find the track you want to play, and click on
it.

In either of these ways, you can ignore the continually losing focus and
difficult to negotiate library, all together.

Blessed Be,

Dana

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]